Senior Compliance Consultant
Function / Area: Compliance
Reporting to: Compliance Director
- Provide both strategic and operational compliance and regulatory affairs support to the company’s operations in Europe and the Asia Pacific regions (the “Region”).
- Support to the Advisory section within Compliance, providing counsel and support to ensure that Compliance proactively supports first line management in meeting the regulatory change
- Support to the Monitoring section within Compliance, providing counsel and advice to ensure that Compliance provides assurance or alert if it needs.
- Contribute to the implementation and embedding of the Conduct Risk Framework to ensure that the client achieves its Conduct Risk Appetite
- Manage, oversee and deliver compliance projects including scheduling and ad hoc projects and provide compliance workstream support on business-led projects.
- Managing worldwide regulatory licensing obligations.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Compliance Framework and Programme set by the company and be responsible for monitoring compliance with the framework in the regions.
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliance reports to Boards of Directors, Board Committees and within the Compliance Function
- Deputising for the Compliance Director as and when necessary
- Collaborate with colleagues in Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR and Legal teams to coordinate monitoring, assurance and transactional advice to the business.
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice; responding to regulatory consultations in close collaboration with the Compliance Director and General Counsel.
- Working with in-house legal team to implement and manage procedures to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering, data protection, competition and other applicable laws.
- Drive a culture within the team of continuous improvement focused on better service, operational efficiency, using technology and strong cost awareness.
Essential duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Compliance Director to manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support as required.
- Preparation and analysis of reports as necessary for groups, committees and the board.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of PRA, FCA, Lloyd’s and applicable overseas regulation.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and review of compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of the Compliance plan and Monitoring plan and delivery thereof.
- Advise on and/or monitor issues relating to international sanctions, licensing, financial crime, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, contract certainty and conduct risk.
- Maintain awareness of and plans for the implementation of future regulatory requirements as highlighted by PRA / FCA Consultation Papers, Policy Statements etc.
- Organise and implement and/or monitor training and compliance tools for all compliance matters and work with the appropriate function on the communication plan of compliance topics.
- Assist with the provision of compliance advisory and/or monitoring services with respect to branches, service companies and other international operations.
- Develop the financial crime risk assessments
- Work on special projects as necessary at the behest of the Compliance Director.
- Opine on the monitoring of compliance with Lloyd’s minimum standards.
- Attend Lloyd’s, LMA, IUA, COG, DUM and Market Reform groups as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues; drive and motivate the team and embed a culture of compliance in the company.
- An ability to work off your own initiative to organise, prioritise and manage work effectively to deadlines
- Decision-making ability and the ability analyse and resolve problems
- Strong project management skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of compliance, regulatory and financial crime/ AML issues.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities at a senior level.
- Ability to apply regulatory and compliance requirements to the business in an efficient and business friendly manner.
- Takes a hands-on practical problem-solving approach to achieving a business outcomes and to ensuring that the right business culture and behaviours are being pursued.
- Sound judgment and a willingness to exercise it and be assertive as necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
- An ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation with confidence and clarity.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in working for a multi-line insurance organisation (company and / or) Lloyd’s market useful
- Experience of project management
- Experience interpreting UK legal and regulatory requirements
- May have further qualifications in Compliance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 to £80,000.00 /year
- compliance: 5 years